Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Is it over?

Winter, that is. I sure hope so. It certainly feels like it. Finally! We did lots of outdoor stuff this weekend. Jennifer and I pruned 15 apple trees and 3 pear trees, I cut down alot of brush, raked a little, and hauled branches to the compost heap. Lindsey "helped", too.
The crocuses are blooming, the lilac bush has buds on it, dafodills are sprouted, the song birds are back. I think it's really spring!
Now all I have to do is cut alot more brush, pick up the leaves I didn't get last fall, clean up a winter's worth of dog s#%*, trim the willow trees, plant a garden, set up Lindsey's sand box, mow and mow and mow... oh,yeah, then there's 6 or 8 cords of firewood to cut for next winter.
I love my yard and I love working in it. As long as I'm here, I'll never be bored

3 comments:

  1. Warm weather sure brings a lot of work along with it doesn't it? - although I think it is the nicest kind of work. (except for the dog #@!% part)

    ReplyDelete
  2. song birds...yes, I remarked to reagan as we left your house how loud the birds were in your yard and then about 10 minutes later we hit a dove. that caused her a bit of trauma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was raking the front yard this morning - the sun was warm, the sky was bright blue - one lone wild violet was in bloom - I smiled and said "there you go, Mom". She was always thrilled to see them. But the magnolia tree is in full bloom and the dogwoods are starting to bud.

    ReplyDelete