Sunday, March 15, 2009

Night shift

I did my first overnight at the halfway house last night. 11 to 7. I worked overnights at an inpatient rehab a long time ago and hated it. But that was full time, this is one night a week, I think I can handle that. The structure is pretty lax at this place, especially on weekends, so the first couple hours I spent playing pool and BS-ing with the residents. The rest of the night was really boring. I made a couple of head counts, read a book, and tried to stay awake. Staying awake was the hardest part. I ended up making a pot of coffee at 5 AM. My relief came in at 10 till 7 and I went home shortly after. I took a couple of 2 hour naps during the day. I'm still a little tired but will stay up so I can sleep tonight.
Tomorrow is my first day home with Lindsey. We have a Dr.'s appointment in Albany with her pediatric pulmonologist in the morning. After that we're touring another daycare on the way home. Jennifer goes to work after that and then it's Lindsey and Daddy!!

1 comment:

  1. I bet your BS-ing was important though...and not really BS...I did one overnight shift at a group home and ended up sleeping for about 10 hours the next day. Really threw me off. And I was like 21. Hmm...Lindsey and Daddy? Where are the house keys, truck keys and remote going to be? Seriously, you will have an awesome day together.

    ReplyDelete