Tuesday, January 13, 2009

sick day

Lindsey woke up with a fever today and could not go to daycare. Jennifer has a work emergency and could not stay home so Daddy gets to play hookey with his favorite little girl. There is truly nothing else I'd rather be doing. She is quietly entertaining herself with her toys in the living room and does not appear to be in any discomfort. What a trooper! I adore this child.

We didn't plan to have kids. We actually planned not to. God's plan was different. And better.
I get another chance at parenting. Lindsey gets a loving, somewhat normal home, Jennifer gets to experience motherhood (she's a natural!). Everybody wins.

I called my customer to tell him I could not come in today and he was very understanding. Too bad I have to work at all. The only down side is financial. It doesn't matter, though, because we are truly blessed. Gotta love God for this!

2 comments:

  1. You touch my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plan that has unfolded for the three of you is quite amazing. If not for the fever I would think maybe she just wanted a day home with her dad!

    ReplyDelete