Friday, February 6, 2009

Genius or what?

Please bear with a proud father bragging about his very bright little girl. At supper tonight I told her someone was coming to visit her tomorrow and asked if she knew who. "corin?" she asked. "No, not Corin", I said. "Mark and Jessie!" she exclaimed. "Right, Mark and Jessie are coming to see you."
Mark and Jessie are her biological parents. She sees them once a month. We hadn't told her they were coming, she hasn't asked about them, but at two years old, she has figured it out.
She was playing with a number/letter shape sorter and could not only put the objects in the right holes, she correctly ID'd each letter and number. She's TWO!!
She can sing along with a kid's CD, carry a tune, get all the lyrics right, and name the artist. (she gets that from me)
She knows Dan Zanes and Laurie Berkner by sight.
She can identify the sound of a banjo, violin, piano, and harmonica.
She can identify a song by the introduction. Did I mention she's two?

This is her "magic flute". She told me "It's wind, it blows the leaves around." I don't know if Lindsey is advanced or not, but I am really impressed. Beauty, brains, and talent. Where did THAT come from?

5 comments:

  1. What Mark is not mentioning is that Lindsey is biologically his granddaughter: and THAT is where it all comes from. I love you both!

    Wife and Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Gran would say "Isn't she just the sweetest, smartest kid you ever saw in your entire life!" And to that you say "YES!" She is Washburn - of course she's genius! It is heartwarming to hear and see the love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey is the best!!! I'm always bragging baout her...tell her Auntie loves her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am of course impressed she said my name! Additionally, she is WAY ahead. Not a surprise, she has parents who talk to her, teach her and think she is pretty darn special. My grandfather would say, "she is smart like her old great, great uncle! He always told our kids that anytime they did something remarkable. And Lindsey is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go along with Genius!

    I have 3 kids, and at 2 years old, neither Kyle or Viv would have told me what an OCTAGON was.

    You are doing such a great job with Lindsey. She is a smart little darling!

    ReplyDelete