Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12th

Today is my father's birthday. He was 4 days younger than my mother and never let her forget it. It is also their wedding anniversary. The day they got married was Mother's Day, too. That was alot of cards in 1 week!
Pop died June 10th, 1983. Hard living took a toll on him. At 65 he was an old man. My fondest memories are of the two of us working together on a well drilling rig. He taught me how to work hard and enjoy it. He also taught me how to install and service hangovers. Although I swore I'd never be like him, it's obvious that we were cut from the same cloth. Today I don't think that's a bad thing. He had his faults but I know how hard he tried. Love you, Pop, happy birthday.

3 comments:

  1. you are a prime example to me mark. i am sure of it even more after reading this post. did anyone cook a henry pot today??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fondest memories are of him whistling while he worked and the twinkle in his eyes when he smiled. I don't know if you whistle while you work but you have that twinkle in your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will it work?

    ReplyDelete